The Peace of Non-Seeking

The very act of seeking itself can be a move away from peace. In a sense, in wanting something we are actually moving away from it, because pursuing it is often done in service of the idea that we lack it in the first place. In trying to become rich, we become poor; in trying to become free, we lose sight of the freedom we already have; in trying to become spiritually enlightened, we can become self-centered.

Pursuing something to satiate a need is ultimately empty; all things are already present right now.

There is no place we truly need to go. There is no thing we truly need to do. There is no object we truly need; no reconfiguration of the play is actually necessary. In knowing that fully, there is peace.

In hearing this, we may decide to even reject seeking itself (a new thing to pursue or reject). But rejection is not the way. The way transcends and yet can arise within all objects, all paths, all searches. That truth is actually not an abstract or far away thing – rather, it is the closest thing to us. We simply need: to Be.

Be. You are, and that is more than enough! Be today, be here. Give the world the gift of your attention, your full presence, with no seeking required.

The Peace of Non-Seeking

22 thoughts on “The Peace of Non-Seeking

1. sarah bryant says:

beautifully stated & reassuring especially in times where we are constantly seeking something to fulfill us, thanks for your blessed enlightening!

2. Raymond Guzman says:

I’m glad I stumbled across you. Love your story and things you post. I listen to it again every now and then and each time makes a difference in how I feel. Thank you for sharing it.

3. Christian, phew, I had to read that blog a few times. No problem with the first two paragraphs but I’m still left wondering how just Being gives any traction to Consciousness evolution. Why do we need the physical experience if we just have to Be? Isn’t the whole point of the physical experience to Be better by making good choices. We can Be by just sitting in a cave all day but where’s the challenge in that? 🙂

1. Sir Lloyd- great to “see” you sir! I would suggest being careful not to turn consciousness evolution into a belief in some action itself. If you can fully “Be” and find peace even here, how much more can you “Be” when the constraints are far less? That, too, is evolution.

2. And also one more comment sir: “Quality of intent” is not just pushing in some one direction, like in the focus of some action or set of actions (even the idea of evolving and being better). It is also in discerning when to act, and when to Be. Surrender is a low-ego activity.

4. Erika says:

Thank you Christian for your message. I had discovered your story recently and I am grateful for your insights. We as humans make life so complicated – all we have to do is be ourselves-and discover our true divinity. I believe that is everyone’s true purpose for being human—finding our way back to The Lord while under the limitations of being human. Thank you again.

5. TERESA says:

For me it was the very act of seeking that lead me to peace. Seeking new thoughts, new perspectives, a new way of being. A restlessness inside, lead me on a search. What started as a search outside myself quickly became a search within myself. Uncovering childhood wounds, feelings of shame, anger, sadness, etc. that were never felt or expressed. Allowing all the dark places within to come into consciousness, be felt and released (mostly through tears) and then forgiveness . Releasing the past creates energetic room for the present to naturally arise.
    Of course it was being present with all the feelings as they arose, just allowing them. Just being with them. I took time everyday to contemplate feelings in my body or emotions in meditation to be with myself. If you were able to be with what is in each moment, be with your anger, be with your sadness, be with your anxiety, then a similar experience would happen, you would live in peace in each moment of your life and a desire for seeking for anything outside of yourself would end, and a desire to express and create would continue from a peaceful present. That being said the act of creation can be uncomfortable, you may have to learn new things, put yourself in new situations. Speak where you kept quiet in the past. But underneath is a grounding so peaceful that it is hard to knock you off your center. Peace to all.

Liked by 2 people

1. I thought I’d add that my post does not mean to imply there is not a place for seeking, even striving. The idea that peace can be found in non-seeking is a stand alone idea; and then meanwhile here on Earth indeed it is often important to seek, or to wield great effort. Your comments about allowing feelings are very important, and I wholeheartedly agree! I have also found what you wrote to be such an important part of my own journey every day.

6. Lina says:

Hi Christian, I understand what you said in theory. But it’s so hard to implement in my daily life. I am about to lose my job. First of all, I wonder if I have attracted this job loss due to my low vibration (under the manifestation theory). Secondly, How should I practice the peace of non-seeking under this circumstance? I wonder if I should only look for a dream job or any job just to make myself feel better even though my severance pay is going to last for quite a while. (I had hated this job because of my boss but had to stay because of financial reasons. I had started to learn to forgive him.)

1. I am sorry to hear about your impending job loss, I am in a similar situation actually. Sometimes something is not a direct result of our manifesting. To put it bluntly, sometimes on Earth, sh*t just happens. 😉 Sometimes we can “fall into” the great circumstance even better from a state of non-seeking. Other times, we do need to try hard and take action. The discernment between those two is an important part of the “growth” we do here on Earth. In either case, despite how traumatic and scary a situation may appear, there is never a true reason to lose our peace. (Though it happens to me all the time too- this place can be hard!) Please hang in there! 🙂 I find for me it is helpful to just take one moment at a time- meet this moment now, today, rather than think so much about all future moments.

7. Jay says:

Just viewed your video, “An astounding story of life between lives”. Thank you so much for that!

Regarding the current post:
    The first sentence of the Tao Te Ching: “The way that can be spoken of is not the true way ”

Heart Sutra: “No attainment, no nonattainment”

That said I feel highly motivated to seek health and healing and to share what I learn with others. And that is good.

Liked by 1 person

8. heartfullofsounds says:

Yes, I feel it like this too. Sometimes I have struggle to stay in this knowledge and deep understanding – due to I want to be connected and understood in this 3D existance by the people I love. While on the other hand I know we are always connected. I do feel what they feel as if I was them, I can can see their beauty, but beeing human for me means having this wish for understanding and togetherness..

Thank you for sharing.

I was deeply moved by your interview on passion harvest. Keept on singing and crying and smiling after that for a while. Looking forward to your upcoming book 😀

9. Cindy says:

Christian,
    THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR BEAUTIFUL ETERNAL INSIGHTS!!!
    I SOOOO ENJOYING LISTENING TO YOUR
    EXPERIENCES!!!

Did you know the belief of the
    CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS is very much in line with what you talk about?
    As “Mormons” we believe in:
    -A Pre-Earth life as spirits
    -The veil keeps some of us from remembering that state-
    -We choose to come here
    -Agency is the major part of the plan.
    -We belief we are interconnected-ALL our a family (Immortal beings having mortal experiences.)
    -We will all be taught all truth after we die, if we haven’t been blessed with those truths here. We will be able to choose there also.
    -Life will go on after this life.
    -There are more galaxies than we can count.
    -We do have the opportunity to be like OUR FATHER, GOD THE FATHER.
    -Christ is the Son of God, our Brother
    -They have immortal bodies of flesh and bones.
    -Separate beings.
    – Christ was Resurrected, he has His body
    now!
    – We all will have our body at some point
    ….. in Eternity
    -There is no burning Hell!
    -Babies are automatically with God
    -Accountability is not till age 8.
    -There are degrees of Glory, depending on how we choice to live. Not just a Heaven and Hell.
    -Everything has to do with Learning to Love as God and Jesus Christ Love us
    unconditionally!!! It’s all so Beautiful!
    -That’s why there is no reason to judge anyone. We are all doing our best, trying to do our best, to be happy, give love and find peace. We’re all a family.
    That’s why he has had Prophets and Apostles to speak to us, along with Personal Revelation for us individually,
    by The Spirit.
    There is a Prophet & Apostles on the Earth today !!!
    IT’S POWERFUL & SO MUCH MORE!!!

10. David Conrad says:

Christian, what do you think about this meditation? It reflects much of what you are saying in this latest blog:)
    I am a Lutheran pastor, (ELCA) and would love to talk to you some day. You, sir, are a breath of fresh air.

1. Hello sir! I’d be happy to talk sometime- please look me up on FB (if you have it) and send a message, or provide an email address and I’ll email you. In my early 20’s my church was a part of the ELCA and I actually considered going to seminary to become an ELCA pastor. As for the meditation- I listened to a few minutes, I’m sure it will help some people, just personally I find guided language meditation distracting.